Footer, Chatbox profile image and Cookie policy

Hi Retool

Some background:
I am currently creating a chatbot using Retool AI and the Chatbox component. My current use case involves setting open my app to the public. I do this by using the share button with the business license.

Feature 1: Footer Frame

We got header, main, sidebar, etc... but no footer. This looks like a logical thing to have when creating web apps. Specially when creating public facing apps.
Currently I have a workaround by using the container component and its header and footer add-ons. I got the idea from How to add Footer in retool - #10 by everett_smith

Feature 2: Chatbox Image

I want to be able to modify the image of the AI within the chatbox. I can fully modify the user and only modify the name from the AI.

CleanShot 2023-11-16 at 15.22.46

Feature 3: Cookie policy

I am currently situated in Belgium. Europe has regulations on data and all that. To be GDPR compliant a lot has to be done. A cool feature would be an automated cookie banner when sharing public links.

Hello @Usman_Shani ,

Thank you for your questions.

I'll respond to each feature request/question:

1. Retool still does not have a built-in Footer, however personally I rarely see this used in public web pages so I don't think it's a high priority to build into Retool at this time.

2. This is a great feature request! I can see how many Developers may want a Custom avatar or this type of functionality to provide a better end user experience. I have submitted a request for this feature and articulated the value for our Dev community.

3. As for the Cookie banner, I can submit a request, but a workaround could be fairly straightforward.

Create a banner in an App and you can enable or disable the URL based on {{!urlparams.href.includes("public")}}

Also, feel free to check out the example in the JSON file attached to this message, you can import to your Retool IDE and check out the example.

-Brett
GDPR banner.json (47.5 KB)

1 Like