Error postgresql bigint

hi i just migrated one table from mysql to postgresql and im getting this on query:

operator does not exist: text = bigint

this is my query

SELECT transactions.id,transactions.document,transactions.transaction_date,transactions.ref_no,transactions.status,contacts.supplier_business_name,contacts.id as idcontacto, CONCAT(COALESCE(u.surname, ''),' ',COALESCE(u.first_name, ''),' ',COALESCE(u.last_name,'')) as added_by,SUM(pl.quantity - pl.po_quantity_purchased) as po_qty_remaining,BS.name as location_name,contacts.address_line_1,contacts.custom_field1,contacts.custom_field2,contacts.landline,contacts.mobile,contacts.email

from transactions

LEFT JOIN contacts
ON transactions.contact_id = contacts.id

JOIN business_locations as BS
ON transactions.location_id = BS.id

LEFT JOIN purchase_lines as pl
ON transactions.id = pl.transaction_id

LEFT JOIN users as u
ON transactions.created_by = u.id

WHERE transactions.type = 'purchase_order' GROUP BY transactions.id

what im doing wrong? thank you

for which column?
if there is one column that is text and the id bigint try

ON transactions.created_by::bigint = u.id

how i know which column? i got a lot of columns bigint

i put in all fields

SELECT transactions.id,transactions.document,transactions.transaction_date,transactions.ref_no,transactions.status,contacts.supplier_business_name,contacts.id as idcontacto, CONCAT(COALESCE(u.surname, ''),' ',COALESCE(u.first_name, ''),' ',COALESCE(u.last_name,'')) as added_by,SUM(pl.quantity - pl.po_quantity_purchased) as po_qty_remaining,BS.name as location_name,contacts.address_line_1,contacts.custom_field1,contacts.custom_field2,contacts.landline,contacts.mobile,contacts.email

from transactions

LEFT JOIN contacts
ON transactions.contact_id = contacts.id

ON transactions.location_id::bigint = BS.id

ON transactions.id::bigint = pl.transaction_id

LEFT JOIN users as u

but still the issue

• rror:true

• position:553

• source:"resource"

You need to look at the db columns and see what types they are so you would know which ones to convert to either bigint or text

1 Like

im not as clear with that, what should be the logic behind that? i mean i just imported from a mysql db, that was working. when should i use bigint exactly?

most of my tables have all text for example

Do you have access to the db? For example do you know if transactions.contact_id column is a bigint or a text and so on?

1 Like

yes, postgresql in supabase

Looks like transactions.contact_id is a text and contacts.id could be a bigint(int8). So I made the change below...

However, I cannot tell if pl.transaction_id is also a bigint(int8) - but if it isn't than it should look like
ON transactions.id = pl.transaction_id::bigint

from transactions

LEFT JOIN contacts

ON transactions.contact_id::bigint = contacts.id

ON transactions.location_id = BS.id
1 Like

yes pl. transaction_id is int8

so i should but ::bigint to those columns that have int8 as column type?

i may be missing something as i put all ::bigint but still same error

from transactions

LEFT JOIN contacts
ON transactions.contact_id::bigint = contacts.id

ON transactions.location_id::bigint = BS.id

ON transactions.id = pl.transaction_id::bigint

LEFT JOIN users as u

almost all of my .id are int8, i cant just change to text all that ?

example all of this are int8

LEFT JOIN contacts
ON transactions.contact_id (TEXT) = contacts.id (INT8)

ON transactions.location_id (INT8) = BS.id (INT8)

ON transactions.id (INT8) = pl.transaction_id (INT8)

LEFT JOIN users as u
ON transactions.created_by (INT8) = u.id (INT8)

transactions.contact_id::bigint should be tried
Check out the first answer here: postgresql - What's the difference between BIGINT and INT8? (postgres) - Stack Overflow.

1 Like

correct, tried that transactions.contact_id::bigint but same

tried the stackoverflow and understood better now is working

thank you a lot

1 Like