EFS error on redeployment

Hi all, I'm running the self-hosted instance of Retool x Temporal using Cloudformation template and recently updated one of the RDS resources that caused most of the CF resources to get redeployed. I noticed in our development environment that the RetoolJobsRunner ECS service got caught cycling with the following ECS error:

Stopped reason
ResourceInitializationError: failed to invoke EFS utils commands to set up EFS volumes: stderr: Failed to resolve "fs-06f9cbfa3582eb68f.efs.us-east-1.amazonaws.com" - check that your file system ID is correct, and ensure that the VPC has an EFS mount target for this file system ID. See https://docs.aws.amazon.com/console/efs/mount-dns-name for more detail. Attempting to lookup mount target ip address using botocore. Failed to import necessary dependency botocore, please install botocore first. Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/sbin/supervisor_mount_efs", line 52, in <module> return_code = subprocess.check_call(["mount", "-t", "efs", "-o", opts, args.fs_id_with_path, args.dir_in_container], shell=False) File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/subprocess.py", line 373, in check_call raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd) subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['mount', '-t', 'efs', '-o', 'noresvport', 'fs-06f9cbfa3582eb68f:/', '/efs-vols/efs-volume']' returned non-zero exit status 1. During handling of the abov

the RetoolJobsRunner service in our dev environment cycled for about 10 times before it became stable and I got a green check for the deployment. This was not the behavior of our production environment and that service continues to cycle 12 hours later.

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

So, I found the issue. The CF template I was using contained EFS resources related to the RetoolJobsRunner task and I noticed they had been removed from the CF template in the Retool github repo. After removing all of the references to EFS, the services deployed much faster and without the error cycling.

Hopefully this post helps someone in the future.

Thanks @buzzy for sharing your solution! I'm sure future visitors will appreciate your contribution!