Developer Dark Mode

great idea! unfortunately it doesn't look good for us mac users

@bradlymathews found a temporary CSS solution here

I'm not sure if it's just me or not but my class name was different than what Bradly originally posted (he mentioned the class name changed once on him already, so it's possible I'm not as horrible w CSS as I thought lol):

body {
    filter: invert(1);
}

body .editor-canvas-container {
    filter: invert(1);
}

this makes the editor dark theme, but the canvas and where the webapp is placed is unaffected (so you can still see the correct theme on the webapp). again, I didn't find this, so if it helps anyone I'd suggest following the link above and giving bradlys post a like.

1 Like

@josh2e You need to upgrade the VS version - you can do that in VS by going to the main menu and select update

+1

Matlab have also been dragging their feet on Dark Mode for years now. Hopefully Retool team will have something before Matlab does!

+1

I want to know where this is on the roadmap please, it seems things nobody are asking for get prioritized over this objectively essential setting, especially for those with disabilities. For example last update:

'* Added link underline style options to the Link, Toggle Link, Link List, Table, and Key Value components.'

This still hasn't made it on to our immediate roadmap :disappointed: I'm making sure to share all feedback from this thread internally though! :crossed_fingers:

For a temporary workaround there is a chrome extension (Dark Night Mode) that does a reasonable job:

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/dark-night-mode/bhbekkddpbpbibiknkcjamlkhoghieie?pli=1

Far from amazing but better than eye strain.

+1 for actual dark mode :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for another suggestion for an extenstion for us to try and welcome to the forums! I th8nk most people problems with these extensions is that they modify the theme of the app your currently working on too. so if your trying to work on the light theme for your app youll never see the true cghanges you make before the extensions modifies it. ill try out the one you suggested tho, thx again!

thank you for the suggestion, this seems to be the best solution atm!

+1