Console.log in Firestore resource

I am liking the raw mode of Firestore resource. It has allowed me to make cleaner code using batch methods.

console.log() does not appear to work when in code under the Firestore resource. It seems like an essential debugging tool to have.

How is it being written?

Did you open query40?
Also, not sure if you can run console.log in a query.... in a js query yes.... but not a SQL query as far as I can tell

I created and ran query40 to show console.log() doesn't work.
Raw Mode of the Firestore resource query is all Javascript.
I guess this is a feature request

1 Like

Thanks! I did not realize that Seems that using console.anything() borks

Yeah, this is not supported right now since firebase raw query is run on a separate backend service, not in the client-side. We can record this as a feature request, but a debugging trick I think you can do is maybe collecting the logs and returning them at the end of your block?

That seems like work around.
If I am using raw mode now will changes in the future negatively affect my projects?

If I am using raw mode now will changes in the future negatively affect my projects?

@Michael_Wiskow can you tell me more what negative impact you're worried about? We usually try hard to maintain backward compatibility, so if something works now it should remain working in the future.

1 Like

That is all I was hoping for.

1 Like