Compact mode no longer compact

We recently upgraded to version 2.93.10, and upon upgrading our table components noticed that compact mode is no longer compact. A table that used to hold 29 rows now only contains 20. The table component is one of the foundational Retool controls. This is impacting the usability of our applications since there is less data on a page.

Please bring back compact mode, or allow the row height to be controlled through configuration. Or maybe go with Starbucks sizing and rename compact mode to "Tall" for a more accurate description. Just an idea.

Thanks for any help.

Hey @mftwm, good news—we're actually working on this now :blush: I'll make sure to update this thread as soon as it's live.

In the meantime, you can actually downgrade the table component to get the old, more compact row height back!

This is done! The changes will go live with the next deploy (sometime in the next week). Let me know if any questions come up :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Hi Victoria. just wanted to follow up to say I found the new feature: "Dense" row layout. Works great for me. Couldn't be happier. Thanks so much!

Oh, I’m so glad to hear it :slight_smile: these messages make our day! Thank you for taking the time to update.