Changes not saving

Hey guys ! One of our users is having issues saving their work on an app. Ive checked and we have the business plan, he has edit permissions*(at one point even had own permissions)* , also verified that only one user is working on the project at the time, no multiple open tabs of the project as well. We do not seem to be having any luck getting him to save his work. Any help would be appreciated , I will link a screen recording of the issue down below , Thanks!

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/28981315?key=cfe95153c45f8f528512f2132f02b8c9

Hello @JorgeSC!

That is a very odd bug, just watched the video and it seems he was doing everything correct.

My first guess would be permissions but you mentioned that the user has those correctly applied....

How is your Retool instance set up? Are you self hosting or is it on the Retool cloud?

Is it possible they're logged in on multiple tabs or computers?

Hi @Jack_T,

Thank you for responding to this post. I am the developer working on this application, utilizing Retool Cloud.

We have verified that there was no simultaneous work on the same tab. I have the same permissions for five applications, but we are experiencing issues with saving changes on two of them. The other three applications are functioning correctly, and any new applications I create save changes without issue.

I attempted to export the problematic applications and import them into new ones, but the issue persists. Additionally, creating a release version and making changes still does not resolve the problem.

I have included my Calendly link below if you would like to schedule a quick call to better understand and address this issue. We have been facing this problem for two months without a resolution.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Salman Maqbool

Hey @SalmanMaqbool,

Quick question, are you able to check your browsers networking tab to see what the status is for the requests when you create/edit/delete a component?

We should be able to find out more about why the edits being made are not saving from that. We can narrow it down when we see if the network requests are succeeding, or if they are failing, if retool is giving an error response message back or not :sweat_smile:

Hi Jack,
I have reviewed the network request. Could you please look at the attached image and advise on how I can debug the resource I currently do not have access to?

Thank you for sharing!

It looks like the 403 error is occurring because of Resource related permissions. Can you double check that you are able to re-auth into all resources/queries in the app?

I had another user with a similar issue, there was a resource they were not using or very rarely using but was preventing them from using their app.

Might also be from resources in a query library if you are access queries from there, as they have another level of permissions that need to be shared.

I believe the issue is due to either:

-resource permissions at the account level not being shared properly

-or from the user not "authing" into the queries/resources inside the app editor

Try both of those and see if the error is still persisting :sweat_smile: