Cannot seem to pass a value parameter when calling a workflow from a workflow

How do I pass data to a workflow when calling from a workflow?

My workflow is calling another workflow within a loop:

As you can see, for some reason the {{value}} is not referenced within the workflow parameters.

If we assume this is an Intellisense error, and {{value}} is actually just fine, and I go ahead and run the block I get an error in the called workflows trigger:

So I guess it is not just fine.

If I put the supposed contents of {{value}} right into the called workflow's trigger, it works fine.

What am I doing wrong?

More data.

I was able to get the called workflow to function. Since I am passing in a property of data I had to reference it this way: {{startTrigger.data.data}} instead of {{startTrigger.data}}

Still getting the Intellisense error in the calling workflow.

1 Like

Hi @bradlymathews! Thanks for reporting this. I'm occasionally able to reproduce that error with {{value}}, but it seems to go away shortly after page load - curious if you're still seeing it on Cloud (v3.15)?

In the current version, we can use the logs & JSON tabs to see the {{value}} getting passed to the called workflow's startTrigger

I haven't been over there in a while, but from your screencap it looks like the logs are improved which will help me in debugging my mistakes more easily in the future!

Yes! They are much more helpful now :blush: