Merging pull requests that exclusively remove components (file deletions) renders the resulting merge commit un-releasable. This necessitates additional, artificial PRs with minor changes to trigger release detection.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a PR that solely deletes a component (file).
- Merge the PR into the main branch.
- Attempt to generate a release from the merged commit.
- Release creation should succeed for all PRs with code changes, including those involving only file deletions.
- Release creation fails for PRs containing only file deletions.
- A workaround involves submitting another PR with a minor change to trigger release detection.