Call MySQL Procedure from Retool

Hi, I'm trying to call a procedure against my MySQL DB, however the result in query.data doesn't come correctly. The retrieved data looks like a metadata from the actual result. And when I call this procedure from the query library I receive this error:

Can anyone help me?

Hi @nathan.macena

Thanks for reaching out about this! Unfortunately, these are both MySQL stored procedure bugs that we are looking into. I'll follow up on this post when we ship a bug fix

1 Like

This has been a bug for a long time, hope they fix it. MYSQL basically sends back meta data and rows. and unfortunaly its parsing the meta and not the actual rows

Retool and MySQL/MariaDB are not quite friendly. It's a pity. I wanted to quickly add an admin panel for my pet project...

@Tess any timeframe of when this will be fixed?

Hi @scottahull thanks for checking in! Unfortunately, I don't have a timeline yet, but I'll post here with any updates

Any update!
I need to use the call procedure on retool
I have the same issue

We now have a fix for this bug! Stored procedures should be working in Cloud, and it's behind a feature flag for on-premise accounts. If you're using an on-premise instance and you'd like the fix now, please reach out to us at support@retool.com. Otherwise, the fix should be released without the flag soon :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like