Call API using RowTable as Parameters

Hello everyone,
I'm back :innocent:

I have two columns, one show me a data that is called Taker Token such as "0x1f9840a85d5af5bf1d1762f925bdaddc4201f984" and other one that is called Token Symbol that I'm try to fill.
The only way to fill it is to make an API call to another database:

[type or paste code here](https://api.coingecko.com/api/v3/coins/ethereum/contract/ + **0x1f9840a85d5af5bf1d1762f925bdaddc4201f984 (Token Symbol)**)

The data that I need to put into Token Symbol is: {{Coingecko.data.symbol}}

How I can do it automatically? So to show the symbol using my API for each row and each Taker Token ?

Just to be more clear:

Where is written 0x1f9840a85d5af5bf1d1762f925bdaddc4201f984 I should put a value such as currentRow.order.takerToken but I cannot.

Hope is clear, if not I'm happy to re explain.
Thank you to everyone who is willing to help me :slight_smile:

Actually it works if I put

{{table1.selectedRow.data.order.takerToken}}

But I would like to have a solution that works everytime instead the need of clicking each time on a row, a sort of Dynamic parameters

Any help regarding this?

Hi @abovethecloud thanks for your patience here -- let me ask around and circle back with some more concrete info on how you can get unblocked. :slight_smile:

Hey there @abovethecloud! Sorry for the late reply. Have you already explored using additional scope for your query? You may also want to check out this community post on running a query for each item in an array. It seems like with that you should be able to construct a query that pulls in all your data and then reference that in your table. Let me know if that brings up any additional questions!

1 Like

Still struggling with my table.
I have followed the first example you were mentioning. It works, it is able to call an API for each row, but I'm not able to return the result for each row into the table.
I have made a video, as you can see on the first column there are the item I need to use as Url parameters to make my API call and in the second column I should obtain the result of each API Call. As you can see, the API works: it appears first "enj" and "wbtc". These result are correct, but I would like that they remain as result in the second column instead of disappear. How I can do that?
The code I use in the JS is the same posted here at point 4.
The second link from a community post I think is the solution, but I really don't understand how to interpretate assignment id in my case.
Any help is appreciated!

Sorry guys, I really would like to go straight in this project. Anyone is willing it help me?

Willing to pay someone to help me, please contact me by PM.

Still here if anyone interested

Hi @abovethecloud, If it's still helpful, could you share some screenshots of your full JS query, your full REST API query and how you're setting the data on the table component?

If you're interested in hiring a developer to build your Retool apps, you can fill out this form with your name, email and some details about your project to see if you're a good fit for our (Beta) developer network!