Bug in Stripe API create payment_method

Stripe does not allow attaching a payment method to a customer during the payment_method POST api.

When using this API, however, Retool automatically passes a "customer" parameter in the body request (even when deleting the "customer" field from the query), causing an error and making it impossible to work with:

You might be missing a step. I have not run into that issue when I implemented Stripe. When I have time I will see if can share the steps that work for me. Double check the stripe documentation

Hey @ScottR , thanks for your help. I double-checked the Stripe documentation but couldn't find anything. Does your request include an empty client value as well? It would be great if you could share how you created a payment method.

You need to create the customer first and then get the customer's stripe ID then create a new customer payment intent using the stripe token generated from the Stripe component (in Retool) and so on
I can only send you the order of the names of the queries I ran but I need to go through each screen shot of the set up and edit some of the content.... might take me a bit but will eventually post it here....hope you can wait another day
Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 3.39.15 PM