Bug in New Table Component: Last Edit Gets Lost When Editing Multiple Cells

Perhaps this is not a bug and just unintuitive behavior. Reporting it nevertheless as it leads to confusion among our users.

Steps to reproduce:

• Start with a table such as the one below (e.g. 2 or more editable text columns)
  • Edit one cell (e.g. change the value of cell(1,1) from row 1, col 1 before to row 1, col 1 after)
  • Edit another cell (e.g. change the value of cell(1,2) from row 1, col 2 before to row 1, col 2 after) and press Save without clicking outside the last cell

Expected behavior:
The changeset (table1.changesetArray) includes both cells

Actual behavior:
The changeset (table1.changesetArray) does not include the last edit

I think what's happening is that until you click outside the cell, it does not get considered as an actual change. When you only edit one cell this does not occur as the Save button only gets shown upon clicking outside the cell. Maybe this is intentional but it's not what our users expect. Is there a way around that?

Screen Shot 2023-09-18 at 4.42.06 PM
Screen Shot 2023-09-18 at 4.42.18 PM

Hi @maurizio Thanks for reaching out! I can share this feedback with our internal team! It does seem like past versions of the table included that last update in the changeset :thinking:

The expected behavior is that the changesetArray won't update until the user clicks off of the edited cell, but I agree that a user would expect the change to show in the changeset upon clicking Save. I'll follow up when I hear more internally! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks! And yes, I'm pretty sure past versions of the table included that last update in the changeset :slight_smile:

Hi @maurizio

I wanted to flag that if you trigger a query on "Save," the triggered queries have the correct changesetArray.

For example, if you have an event on Save that sets a component value based on the changesetArray, you could run into the issue of the last edit not showing up:

However, if you move that same event to a Javascript query, you'll have better results where the last edit is included:

I hope that helps resolve any blockers you may be running into!