Bug concerning generating from a database

Good afternoon,

I hope you are doing well,

I just encountered a problem with the form fields in retool .

First of, all, I created a new form field in the home page,

And then I have to choose the type ( start from scratch or generate from database)

I chose the latest: ( first screenshot)

After I click generate form, the form is created and now I can edit it.

I want the email to be a selector so that the user can select their email from it.

So I click on email, then type, then selector: (second screenshot).

Now since I want this to be generated form a data source , I click on dynamic instead of manual and I fill the resource, table and column.(third screenshot)

The problem now occurs after I enter the specific resource, table and column , it does not show any of the desired emails, it shows no options.

Can you please help me with this issue.

Thank you,

Hi @Mohamad_Salem,

I was able to replicate this behavior. Commenting as well to bring this to the attention of the retool team.

I added a select component, set dynamic, selected my table and column. I also published the form to see if that updated the options but I keep getting no options.

HI @Mohamad_Salem, welcome to the forum! :wave:
I tried reproducing and found out that although the options do not populate on the editor, they do show up on the form once it's published:

I set the 'Data' to 'Dynamic,' then chose the right Resource, Table, and Column. As you can see on the following screenshot, no options on the editor:

But the options do appear on the published form:

Let us know if these settings don't work on your end.

1 Like