Bring back compact table row height

The new table component's compact height is quite a bit taller than the previous version. Can we bring back the old version or add an extra compact option?

Or maybe there is a good CSS hack to use in the mean time?

5 Likes

Hi @bradlynathews :wave:

Hmm :thinking: I was going to first offer the option for Compact height when selecting the table component but I see that still isn't compact enough.

Let me check in with my colleagues to see if there is a valid CSS workaround anyone knows of to narrow this even further. I'll circle back with what I can uncover for you

So I checked in with my team @bradlynathews and unfortunately there really isn't a stable way for you to achieve this sort of adjustment to row heights. Sorry about that, but what I'd suggest is voicing your concern of row heights in the Feature Requests section of this forum. If enough folks can chime in on that maybe we can get something going. They're pretty fast to get things in the works around here :+1:

Just wanted to share the good news—tables now have a "Dense" row height option! This now matches the the old table's compact height :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for all your feedback here + let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like