Being able to access the values from a dropdown column in a table

Hi! I'm having this problem here that I do not know how to solve it :sweat_smile:

There's this table that has a Set Name Dropdown Column.

This is not a custom column, this is a specified column.
As you can see I asigned the IDS as values, and show the name for the labels.

what I need is when a user changes the value of a dropdown it should shoot a change event and proc an update query that access the value of the dropdown changed and update the DB.

How can I achieve that?
Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @mateoMautrano!

Sorry for the late reply here but if this is still something you're trying to implement you might want to try setting and update query to read {{yourTable.recordUpdates[0].set_id}} and {{yourTable.recordUpdates[0].dropdownColumnName}} and then have it run automatically when inputs change.

This can cause issues if you have other fields in your table that you want to update though. Running queries automatically when inputs change is generally something you want to be very careful with. Let me know if that's the case and I'm happy to look into a more detailed solution with you :slightly_smiling_face:

@Kabirdas Hi! thanks for this solution, I'll be trying it in the next days, i'll make sure to notify here if I get stuck with something or if it worked :smiley: