Apply Filter Button in Table

Hi

If this already exists and Im missing it then my apologies :wink:

Using the new table which works great, however one niggle I have is that when using filters the associated queries run:
a) when you open the filter window (if a filter is already present - logging a bug about this btw as filters not being cleared)
b) as soon as another filter is added ie. before entering what you want to filter on, the query fires immediately.
c) Fires again when the search criteria is entered.

So to add two filters the query (plus associated row count queries for server side pagination) is actually running three times. With the addition of an "Apply Filter" button you could create the filters and run once. On a large dataset this would save considerable time I expect?

I appreciate that some folks would want this behaviour however the Apply button would give the option to do this either way.

Thanks,
Rob

2 Likes

So not quite what I was thinking, but feeling a bit foolish for not figuring this out before!

If you set the query linked to the table to only update manually, you can then set whichever filters you wish and hit the Refresh button, your filters will be applied and the query only runs once rather than on each keypress.

Cheers,