Append plus (+) sign to positive numbers

I have a select box that is mapped to a table containing positive and negative numbers. After updating the select box, i would like to append a plus sign to the positive numbers. I tried a few things, but it won't save it with the plus sign. Is there a better way to do this?

Is the data being stored as text in the database? Or as a number? Can you share some screenshots?

It's being stored as a number in the DB, but it doesn't have to be.

That is why.... You would need to store the select value as text in the db

I thought that may be the case. I'll give it a try.

@ADiecidue I believe you can also achieve a similar result using the Prefix text with a formula to evaluate if the value is non-negative.

I tested a similar setup (using an integer result from a database loaded into a table) to populate a mapped select box and add in the "+" if the result was 25 instead of 1:

The downside is that this doesn't really add "text" to the entry so much as add an icon that holds up to two text characters.

Getting the data formatted at the time of the query to load into the table with the results you would like to use (re: ScottR's suggestion to store it that way originally) via a CAST and CONCAT options will get you there for sure.

1 Like

FYI - Changing the table columns to Text worked.

1 Like