API call gives "Not Found" error but works in cURL

I have an API call that worked previously (a couple of months ago), but now it's giving a "Not Found" error. I thought it was a problem with the API server or my account, but in trying to resolve the error with them, I realized that it worked as expected when I copy and pasted the URL, headers, and request body to a cURL command. So now I'm thinking that something has to be going wrong on the Retool side of things.

Has anyone encountered a similar error?

For reference, here's the full response that I get from the query's error:

"response": {
"data": {
"message": "Not Found"
},
"headers": {
"date": "Tue, 23 Jul 2024 12:47:16 GMT",
"content-type": "application/json",
"content-length": "23",
"connection": "keep-alive",
"apigw-requestid": "bXbtNgxloAMEP0A=",
"cf-cache-status": "DYNAMIC",
"report-to": "{"endpoints":[{"url":"https:\/\/a.nel.cloudflare.com\/report\/v4?s=Mg%2Bq%2F%2BUzSlpNkzRDgAOEn6LHdoJuOAza7Zv3DTrveu4N4sIjkDGMYAs8NPQ8b1cFataaL7srzdNEu33ZDdqr3DH9hhyid4dXvqlK1FXC1NLx63TMIr2dRUL%2F1psoP4NSukUPggSrjza7PWGx"}],"group":"cf-nel","max_age":604800}",
"nel": "{"success_fraction":0,"report_to":"cf-nel","max_age":604800}",
"server": "cloudflare",
"cf-ray": "8a7bc72d48f5683e-SEA"
},
"status": 404,
"statusText": "Not Found"
}

Hey there! Would you also be able to include a screenshot / more info about how your query is setup? Its unclear here to determine what the issue could be.

Here's a screenshot of the query. Like I said, I don't think the issue is the setup. It worked fine before, and I haven't changed anything. I also copied the information into a cURL, and it worked without any modifications.

I removed the API key for privacy.

Couldn't find anything specifically on the documentation but my best guess is this isn't supposed to be a GET request since you are sending a data object - just based of the context I would guess this is supposed to be a POST thats just a guess.

1 Like

Jeez that's awkward. I'm not sure how or why that got changed from a POST request. Thanks for your help, James!

Of course! Glad I could help