Any way to remove values from text fields, and select etc (approx 50) all at once?

any way to remove values from text fields, and select etc (approx 50) all at once?

or i need to do it like this manually for each field

idcliente.clearValue();
nombres.clearValue();
apellidos.clearValue();
cedula.clearValue();
sexo.clearValue();
ubicacion.clearValue();
nivel.clearValue();
nacimiento.clearValue();
edad.clearValue();
jubilacion.clearValue();
janticipada.clearValue();
sector.clearValue();

I'm presuming the fields aren't inside a form component? That would be the usual/ideal way to control multiple related components.
Potentially you could create a variable that holds references to all the fields and loop through it - maybe easier if you're still adding fields to the app. ie you'd add the reference in one place and not have to add it to each query/event that does a clear or reset or get value function?

When you say "select" do you mean, get their values? Again, if not in a form then it's likely to involve some loop, it will depend on how many fields you have and if this is a fixed list or can be dynamic. For ease of maintenance I'd try to variable approach though.

2 Likes

A select component. Yeah i should use form but all fields have diff tables in db. I got like 5 groups so 4 fields for one table, 4 to another etc. thats why i didnt use forms

for example each tab have like 3 diff groups so they save to 3 diff tables, and so on. thats why i didnt use form as i think it will be a large app in terms of perfomance

Hello, you can do the following

const componentDir = {
  "1": textInput1,
  "2": textInput2,
  "3": textInput3
}

for (let i = 1; i <= Object.keys(componentDir).length; i++) {
  componentDir[i].clearValue()
}

Make a Dir of all your components that you want to clear its value, keeping the incremental key (1, 2, 3, 4, ...)

Animation

1 Like

I think @dcartlidge is a better approach:

const Array = [textInput1, textInput2, numberInput1]

for (let i = 0; i < Array.length; i++) {
  Array[i].clearValue()
}
2 Likes

How far is too far? :sweat_smile:

{{ [textInput1, textInput2, numberInput1].forEach(textInput => textInput.clearValue()) }}