Add JDBC driver for IBM DB2

Dear community

I am fairly new to Retool and I need to connect our self hosted Retool instance to our internal IBM DB2 database.

I have looked at the documentation for the JDBC driver, but I cannot figure out how to add the correct driver (driver name) to the self hosted instance. If I choose Cloud hosted, I see some driver names. I have tried to add these names and this error occurs:

Error: Error running static method java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for XXXXXXXX; at java.sql/java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:702) at java.sql/java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:189) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) at node.MethodCallBaton.invokeMethod9(MethodCallBaton.java:25)

I guess I need to change some enviroiment variables and add the .JAR file to a directory.

I hope you can guide me on this.

Best regards
Brian Amstrup

Hi @Brian_Amstrup_Jensen,

Welcome to Retool! Are you still working on connecting this resource? We have some docs that may be helpful: Connect to JDBC | Retool Docs

There are self hosted specific instructions:

Hi Tess

I can see that the documentation is now updated, thanks.

1 Like