Access currentRow's values in modal popup?

Hi there,

I'm trying to add functionality to a table where each row has an "Edit" column that should link to a modal pop up. I would like the given pop up to display information from the other columns in the current row, i.e. name and target_value.

However, I am getting that currentRow is not defined in the text component I dragged into the modal pop up. How can I access that information here?

Many thanks,
Sarah

Hey Sarah,

You can try using .selectedRow from table i.e. {{tableName.selectedRow.name}} instead to populate modal.

1 Like

Thanks Stefan, this worked perfectly!

Related question - how can I trigger the modal custom column to close in a query? With other modals I can use modal1.close(), however how can I access the custom column's modal?

Sincerely,
Sarah

Not sure if this is doable with the custom column where type is modal.

However me being a master of workarounds :smile: I'd suggest having a modal somewhere on the editor with hidden set to true, then adding a action button which will open the modal and then you can normally close the modal within the JS.

i.e.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thank you Stefan, this workaround did the trick for me! Thanks as always for being so helpful!

We'll be supporting opening modals/frames when clicking on a cell in a table! This work has been merged into our codebase, but will ship with an upcoming Cloud deploy, so keep an eye out :eye:

Thank you all for your feedback and patience here!