Why am I getting double responses in the Chat component?

Hello,

I have just today created my first ever vector database using Retool Vectors. Then I hooked up the chat component to the vector database and started asking some questions based on some sample PDFs I had ingested to the vector database.

For some reason, I am getting double responses every time I ask a question. I can see that it actually fires two queries. I have tried refreshing the page, and so on, and I haven't done any additional configuration anywhere (yet).

Does anybody have a clue what is going on?

Please see the following picture:

Thank you so much for the help.

Best regards,
Ilmari

Hi @ilmari Thanks for reaching out!

:thinking: It's strange that it is sending twice. So far, I've only been able to reproduce this when I have the same ai query on the chat component's "Query to trigger" interaction setting as well as on the component's submit event handler. Any chance that is how yours is configured (see screenshot)? If so, I'd try removing the event handler.

If you don't see anything in the chat component's event handlers, can you check the debug console (also shown in screenshot) to see if theres any notes as to why it's triggering a second time

1 Like

Thank you Tessa.

I think something like this must have been the issue. I resulted in using Azure OpenAI API which always results in one answer as expected. As there are no other people having the same issue I had, I must assume it was some kind of an error on my end.

Thanks again!