Unable to login from Chrome

Hi,

I have been using Firefox to login and build apps, and wanted to do some JS debugging (as explained on your site, unfortunately, only for chrome). I don't seem to be able to carry out the steps in Firefox to find the relevant JS files that match your instructions for chrome.

So, I loaded up chrome, and... don't seem to be able to log in at all. First the username and password fail (though certainly correct, many tries, confirmed in Firefox, reset to same password again, reconfirmed, failed over and over again in Chrome).

Note: I am not using SSO, I am singing in using my email.

Second symptom: From Chrome, unable to send link to reset password. When I enter my email address it says:

"We could not reset your password. This is either because your account does not exist or you are using Google SSO."

Not signed into Chrome in any way, literally just installed it on the machine, so it shouldn't have any stored credentials.
Just to confirm, exact same result in incognito mode with no access to cache.

Relatively fresh install of Windows 10, fresh install of chrome.

Why can't I sign in to Chrome?

Thanks,

Joshua

Hi Joshua!

Are you running an on-premise or local version of Retool? I don’t see any account registered on the cloud version using the email that you have on your forum account here.

That exact same password/email combo is currently working in Firefox though?

Hi Alex,

Ah, turns out we have a local instance, I’ll chase up with my people. But yes, exact same credentials work in Firefox, but not in chrome. If you know of a possible reason I can take to them, let me know!

Thanks Alex.

1 Like