Table background color setting broke

Hi there!

I set up the row background color using the hack from this post, re: add an additional column to store the color hex value and in the column background setting to refer to the value in color_hex column. The hack worked perfectly until today.
The expected result is columns with the same color_hex value should display the same colors. The actual result is some columns' background color is darker. The color hex I used is a light green color #76C6B6.
CleanShot 2021-11-23 at 10.26.31

CleanShot 2021-11-23 at 10.26.06

Any suggestions are helpful. Thank you in advance for the help.

What's the CSS that gets attached to that cell looking like?

Hi @minijohn,

Thank you for the reply! There's no CSS for the column background color. I created an additional column to store the color hex value and refer to the color_hex column in the column background setting. Here's how the color_hex column is set up:
CASE WHEN DATE_MOD = 1 THEN '#FFFFFF' ELSE '#76C6B6' END AS COLOR_HEX

Another related behavior is that when a row is selected, the expected behavior is the row background should be the default blue, but the actual behavior is all columns in the row has blue background excepted for the two columns.

Image of column setting

Image of the CSS setting
CleanShot 2021-11-24 at 15.48.31

Image of the unexpected behavior when a row is selected
CleanShot 2021-11-24 at 15.41.33

Hey @doris.l,

Ah I see :))

tldr -> A 0.2 opacity gets applied to the cells. I couldn't figure out what logic it uses, tried a handful of hexcodes and it applied it for ~ 56% of the colors :man_shrugging:

Quick fix would be to just hardcode the opacity in:

rgba(118, 198, 182, 0.2)
2 Likes

Hi @minijohn,

Using rgba instead of the color hex fixed the problem. Thank you for the help! :smiley:

1 Like