Tabbing between fields in a Listview

Hello retool team! Right now when I have multiple fields in a Listview component and hit the tab key to try and jump from field to field, it goes nowhere, sometimes just down the column of the field that I'm in. Is there a way to have the cursor jump left to right across fields in Listview? My end users are doing a lot of data entry, so this is pretty critical to them.

Thanks!

Hey @gilcrest! We don’t have this built natively now, but we’re thinking about how to make the tab key more effective (another example is moving between rows in a table).

1 Like

Hi - I was searching the community to see if this topic has already been posted. Currently, on my listview component, using Tab while entering data moves you down the current column instead of left to right. Would love to see this updated - or hear any recommendations about other components that might be more useful for data entry that requires entry on multiple rows at once before submitting.

2 Likes

Overall focus on components and then allowing key control of navigation would be very useful. I hate having to constantly go to a mouse to navigate a page.

1 Like