Sending S3 image/png MIME type Not working

I am unable to send the image/png MIME type to S3 while saving an image captured with the camera component of the Retool Mobile native app. Please see below S3 query screen.

Problem is, when I take the image using the camera on my laptop, it works and I am able to open the image using the S3 Object URL in my laptop's browser, but when I capture the photo using my mobile phone (both andriod and iphone) cameras , I must submit the data in binary format; otherwise, it doesn't work. S3 Object URL returns some binary data see screen shot below

Am I doing something improper?

Hi @Smita ,

Instead of setting the Content-Type to image/png, please use binary and let us know if it solves your issue.

Supran, Yes, I've tried, and the binary content-type does solve the issue. However, when I click on the object URL in the S3 console, the file is being downloaded, and I don't want to download the file. Instead, the image should open in another tab of the browser, as it normally does.

but when I take a picture using my laptop camera in above requirement content-type 'image/png' works perfect. Object URL behaves as expected and doesn't download the image but instead displays on browser.

@Smita,

Correct, that is the current behavior. We are looking into supporting custom mime types and binary uploads. It will be addressed in a future update.

1 Like