I'm working on a retool app using the Scanner component.
It works fine for the first scan (Scan of a datamatrix).
My test setup is quite simple:
- button for the scanner component
- scan a datamatrix
- either display the result directly from scanner component and/or launch an event which display a notification with
The first scan is ok, I can see the values displayed and my buttonScanner.data is populated with one value, ex: ["12345"]
The second scan is never triggered, It remains on the scanner vue forever (displaying the live photo image)
i've tried to (and combinaisons of all the things below):
- change the datamatrix (to change the value),
- to set/unset all the options : automaticaly close after scan, ignore duplication, dismiss confirmation, set or remove the event trigger
I've also tested
- scan, then close the scanner (either automatically or manually), then reclick on the button for the next scan
- scan, shows to popup, and rescan, without closing the scanner component.
it always works on the first scan, and never on the second.
I must refresh the page to make the scanner work again.
I've tested from my mobile (one plus 7 pro, android 10, latest chrome) and from my desktop (macos latest, m1 chip, logitech stream cam in 1080p, latest vivaldi)
Both shows the same behavior: ok for the first scan, unable to "validate" the further scans.
[and for all this tests, i've only one Scanner component in the application].
am I missing something ? (perhaps I should 'reset' the scanner between two scans, but did not found anything in the documentation.