Row doesn't get selected when we click on the action buttons in a table row

On clicking on action buttons in a table row, the corresponding row doesn't get selected.

Hi @tpbook! Thanks for reaching out! We now have a setting for ensuring the row gets selected:

Let us know if you're still seeing issues after toggling this setting on!

This doesn't solve our problem.
We want the row to be selected once we click on the corresponding action button in the specific row.
And the action buttons within the table do not work. There is no click event getting triggered , therefore none of the action button type work.
Please check the table row action button issue on priority.

Seems to be working fine for me. Could you share a bit more around your setup?

Action buttons are also working for me! However, after a bit more testing, I was able to find that if your table is inside a container component, it breaks the action triggers (events & selecting the row). Similarly, if your table is in a module, the action triggers don't work within the module editor

I'll post on this thread when engineering ships a fix!

2 Likes

Yes our table is within a tab container component. Whats the ETA on the fix?

Place the table inside the tabs container and try it out

This is also an issue if you use the updated Table component with the Button column type.

1 Like

I believe this bug is fixed now! @Rory @tpbook Are you still seeing this issue?

The buttons now work properly in my configuration.

Is anyone still having this problem? Our action buttons are selecting the row after the action is performed, so the action is never really targeting the intended row data.

We also tried having the table inside a container and out, and still not working.

Same here. It still didn’t work properly. Hope retool fix it soon

We experience the same bug

Same issue here. Would like to know if there's any update on Retool side. Thanks!

Hi everyone! We'll be looking into this urgently now. Would anyone be able to DM me (or email support@retool.com and include my name somewhere in the message) with an export of an app experiencing this issue? Any and all exports would be great! :pray:

Actually, scratch that. We were able to reproduce the issue! Working on a fix now. I'll keep this thread updated with any news

1 Like

This should be fixed now :tada: Could y'all refresh your pages and let me know how things look on your end now? :blush:

1 Like

Hello :vulcan_salute:.
I think it's broken again. Last friday everything was working, but now the action button isn't selecting the row.
Could Retool team please check it?
Ty :smiling_face:

Hey @luismiguel! Oh no :frowning: Will look into this now.

It's working fine for me actually! Would you mind sharing some screenshots of your current configuration?