Rich Text Error

I'm getting this erros for a few records but I it's been hard to identify why it's happening:

Error: Minified React error #185; visit https://reactjs.org/docs/error-decoder.html?invariant=185 for the full message or use the non-minified dev environment for full...

A sample of content (with sensitive data removed) that triggers the error:

<p><strong style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">T----- 8</strong></p><p><br></p><p><strong style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">1. Q------ ?</strong></p><p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">@------ a</span></p><p><br></p><p><strong style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">2. Q----- ?</strong></p><p><a href="mailto:p------@gmail.com" target="_blank" style="background-color: transparent; color: rgb(17, 85, 204);">p-------@gmail.com</a></p><p><br></p><p><strong style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">3. Q----------- )</strong></p><p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">T-------s.</span></p><p><br></p><p><strong style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">4. Q--------r</strong></p><p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">T--------o.</span></p><p><br></p><p><strong style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">5. Q-----r</strong></p><p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">B-----o.</span></p><p><br></p><p><strong style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">6. Q------)</strong></p><p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">G-----m.</span></p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

It seems that by removing <a></a> tags it works.

We have hundreds of customers with rich text data attached that have <a></a> on it.

Could someone confirm it as a bug?

Thanks

Hey David - it’s not the a tags themselves… if you remove this:
background-color: transparent;
it should prevent the error as a temporary workaround

2 Likes

thanks, it worked!

Hi @davidls & @byron! This bug should be fixed now as of v2.61.2, let us know if you still see any issues!

1 Like

@alex-w I still see this issue occuring. I currently have a table containing rich text. When passing the rich text to modal from clicking on the table cell, the passed in text causes this error on the rich text editor.

@scooba_steve

Hey there :wave: Would you mind sharing a content sample that triggers this error?