Publishing new module version requires two attempts

We're using module versioning but running into an issue when publishing a new version. The first attempt at publishing the dev version doesn't update the module when accessed from the folder or in apps using the module. Creating another dev version and publishing that one without changes does cause the changes to be reflected from outside the editor, as though the live version is always one step behind.

@kschirrmacher

Hey there :wave: Just to make sure I am understanding, is the issue that when you publish a new module release, that newest version does not show up in an app using that module? If so, is that app open when you publish this new module release? On refresh does it not update?

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for the reply. Refreshing does not cause the latest module version to appear, no. I've also had other users try to use an app with the updated module and they also receive the previous version, so I feel reasonably sure that it's not a local caching thing.

Thank you.

@kschirrmacher

Thank you for confirming! This works as expected on my instance, would you mind confirming what version you are currently on?

2.92.4. I'll try it again with a dummy module when I get a minute and drop a Loom link in here.

Morning Lauren,

Just sent you a video via DM.

Thank you.

@kschirrmacher

Hey there, thanks for the recording! I would recommend reaching out to support directly so that we can do a deeper dive into your app :slightly_smiling_face: