Parsing JSON payload received from webhook

Hey,

I've been trying to develop a workflow that deals with interactive slack messages. Essentially what happens is I make use of a workflow where a user presses a button in slack, the response url is set to a startTrigger webhook url, and some data would then get passed through for me to build upon.

The issue is that the data received from Slack is Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded, which the startTrigger webhook errors out on as the data looks like the below:

payload=%7B%22type%22%3A%22block_actions%22%2C%22user%22%3A%7B%22id%22%3A%22U03N

The official Slack documentation mentions to parse this payload as JSON (and I have successfully done this in other products) but I can't figure out how to perform a JSON parse on this data in Retool workflows.

Has anyone managed to do this or something similar in retool?

Hi @johann_s can you share more details on what you want the end result to be? I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly!

In the meantime, I did check internally, and we have a workflows feature request to be able to parse url params sent with a webhook. If that's what you're looking for, I'll keep you posted on that request

We shipped support for parsing url params from a webhook :slightly_smiling_face: