OAUTH2_TOKEN Not being resolved in graphql call

Hi,

I'm working with a graphql resource with oauth2 (client_credentials) authentication. I can set things up in Postman and properly interface with the resource but I'm having issues in Retool. The weirdest issue I'm seeing is that if I have:

{
    Authorization: Bearer OAUTH2_TOKEN
}

In the resource headers, I see the following in the actual request:

{
  "Content-Type": "application/json",
  "Authorization": "Bearer OAUTH2_TOKEN"
}

If I add content-type: application/json to the headers section, I see this in the request:

{
  "Authorization": "<actual token>",
  "Content-Type": "application/json",
  "content-type": "application/json"
}

Any idea why the OAUTH2_TOKEN variable isn't being resolved in the former case but it is in the later? FYI, if I take the stored token from Postman (or from the later case) and change the header to just be:

{
    Authorization: Bearer <actual token>
}

Everything works.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hey Andrew! Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your resource setup page? Definitely curious that Authorization: Bearer <actual token> works in Postman and Retool, but passing in a dynamic token requires you to set the Content-Type. Do you know if this is a limitation on your API's side by any chance?

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for the response. I've attached my setup. However, I just tried changing the Authorization URL to Nexar - Reinventing the Business of Electronics (even though it's not used in client credentials I don't believe), it now works. Not sure why the Authorize URL would cause those issues but it seems to be resolved, thanks.

Andrew

I also removed the content-type: application/json.

That is super strange! Well, either way, glad it's working for you now and thank you for sharing the fix in case any other users run into something similar. :blush:

Hello, just to say we have exactly the same use case are seeing exactly the same problem in some of our calls.

We're going to try adding in the content-type to see if it resolves the problem for us as well.

Hey Elizabeth! Any luck? :slight_smile: :crossed_fingers: