No GraphQL Auto Complete

In my GraphQL query, I am not able to invoke auto complete.

GraphQL Introspection is on and I can retrieve/see the schema and schema definition in other GraphQL clients.

I see the following error on the retool query dialog...

There was an error trying to retrieve some metadata. For some resources, like Google sheets, this is optional, but some behavior may not work as expected.

I have tried this with other GraphQL Endpoints, too no avail.

Here is a link to one of the GraphQL test endpoints...
https://erp-af-chatservices.icytree-01598590.eastus.azurecontainerapps.io/

I can run queries, there is just no auto-complete so makes it an unusable edit experience.

Hey @JLarue!

I'm not sure what would be causing this issue :thinking: In testing, autocomplete seems to be working with the endpoint you've shared:

Do you have anything else configured on the resource setup page? Would you mind sharing a screenshot of it?

I'm also curious to know if you have any preloaded JavaScript configured either in your app or at the org level.

No there is no preloaded JS either in my app or at the org level.

Sorry about the late reply here and thanks for that context @JLarue! There's currently a known issue where scopes aren't properly being sent as part of the OAuth 2.0 flow when using client credentials. We can let you know here as soon as that has been fixed.

In the meantime, you might try using a custom auth flow to manually execute your authentication. This would require you to define the request to your Access Token URL with its required parameters as part of an "API Request" step, and afterwards, save the token in a "Define a variable" step.

Let me know if that helps or raises any additional questions! Can try setting up a more detailed example if need be :slightly_smiling_face:

We are authenticating without issue using the client-credential flow. What is not working is the auto-complete within your GraphQL editor. That's okay for now as we can use our local Graphql editor, and then paste the queries & mutations in manually. This would be a much nicer experience if we could edit directly in the editor.

Cheers

Yea it seems as though Retool is having some trouble with the request to retrieve the schema from your endpoint. Typically, you should be able to get the schema and auto-complete and I'm not sure exactly why it's failing.

With the setup for the one you're using the guesses that I have at the moment are either:

1. The ngrok endpoint you're hitting isn't delivering the schema
  2. The scope issue I mentioned above is blocking the schema from being retrieved

I imagine it could totally be some third thing as well :sweat_smile: but after taking a look with a teammate these are the best ideas I have so far.

I'm particularly curious about the resource setup you used when testing with https://erp-af-chatservices.icytree-01598590.eastus.azurecontainerapps.io/. Since that seemed to work on my end. Would you mind sharing that as well?