Navigation Component (NC) action when mapped to data source

I'm having difficulty understanding how to take action with the NC when it is mapped to a data source --- contextual action based on the item selected.

For a manually configured NC, you can set custom action for each item. With the "mapped" version, there is one set of event that you can define at the component level, which would be fine IF there was some way to retrieve the item that was selected. I have looked through the docs on this component and scanned the schema of the object and nothing seems give this information (e.g. no "value" property).

I hope I'm not missing something obvious, but can someone please point me in the right direction? Otherwise, I have a great looking menu that does nothing. :slight_smile:

Hi @Mark_Heimburger, here is an example using retoolContext to determine which app we are currently in to highlight the menu item corresponding to the current app.

It does not look like this is what you are trying to achieve but if you share your current settings and what you are trying to do, I'm happy to help you figure it out.