Move to 1st form field after SUBMIT

Hello, who can help me here? We use below form and fill form with barcode scanners. After clicking submit I would like to have the cursor back in the first field (pallet nummer uit) so we can process the next product. How do I do this? Geert-Jan

Hi @gjvetten! That is a great question. I think we actually do support this :smile:

You can use an event handler (on the submit button) that controls your text input component with the "Focus" method. I just tested this on my end and it seems to do exactly what you're looking for.

Let me know if you have any questions at all!

Hello Victory,

Super. It works perfectly fine. May I ask you new question. I receive an error on an update query. Table has 7500 lines. Imported via .CSV. Unfortunately I cannot access onboarding_db via data editor. Shows empty. I have a paid version.

GJ

Geert-Jan

Hi GJ! Awesome, glad the focus worked for you.

For your second question, the onboarding_db actually can’t be written to with new tables or columns. You can write to it, but only to the exciting test tables and columns! If you’d actually like to save and edit your own data, you’d want to set up your own database and then connect that into Retool :slightly_smiling_face:

https://docs.retool.com/docs/postgresql-integration

You can use most other database types (MySQL, MSSQL, Mongo, etc.) as well!