Is it possible to recieve a notification on slack whenever there is a new signup on my site via retool?

is it possible to recieve a notification on slack whenever there is a new signup on my site via retool ?

1 Like

Has anyone been able to figure this out?

I think you can trigger the slack post message API chat.postMessage method | Slack
to send the email, or any other data when user clicks on sign up.

Hey @sarthak,

You mean a user registration on an external site of yours, not your retool account right?

For this use-case I would probably use an automation tool like Zapier, Make or N8n because Retool queries are only running if the app is open (That will change soon with background queries tho :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:).

Given that you want a Trigger (user registration) to perform an Action (send slack message) I would implement a callback on your website that sends an API request to a receiver (automation tool) to propagate that message to slack.

If you, hardcore, only want to use Retool for the job, I would do something like this:

• Create a query that periodically crawls your user database
  • You'll need some logic to determine how to label a user as new
    • You could use the created_at timestamp for example and each day only crawl the users that registered on that day
  • Create another Query that sends that info to Slack

This is very high-level. If you're still interested in this let me know and I'll elaborate.

Hi @minijohn, I have the same situation.
I need to get new leads info to be sent to one of our Slack channel. Can you help me with this?

Hey @ajrivera, welcome to the fam :hugs:

What do you need help with?

Hello @minijohn, I need to create a workflow similar to this (actually, exactly like this)

• Create a query that periodically crawls your user database
  • You'll need some logic to determine how to label a user as new
    • You could use the created_at timestamp for example and each day only crawl the users that registered on that day
  • Create another Query that sends that info to Slack