How can I drop a table in onboarding_db (edit)? Tables that i created.
ah… yeaaah there’s no UI to do that. hmm, here’s what you can do instead
- edit the “onboarding_db (edit)” resource, and turn off “enable writes”
- go to the query playground
- choose “onboarding_db (edit)” as a resource, and run drop table mytablename
- edit the “onboarding_db (edit)” resource, and turn on “enable writes” again
just to explain a couple things:
- “onboarding_db (edit)” has admin credentials, whereas “onboarding_db” only has read credentials. that’s why you have to specifically use that resource for dropping tables.
- “enable writes” switches between the letting you write raw sql, vs forcing you to use the database edit form. it’s generally bad practice to use a sql editor with on admin credentials, precisely because it’s easy for you to drop tables and wreak havoc accidentally
let me know if this works for you
It works but i dropped table with name: workers ( that it was good), not table Workers ( that it is bad)
ah, you have to do
DROP TABLE "Workers" (surrounded by quotes)
that’s a bit of a postgres quirk. try it out and lmk how it goes @angelica-cordero-camarri
Yes it works !!! Thanks a lot!!!