Display HTTP GET result

Hi folks, this is a pretty basic question I guess but I have a query that runs an HTTP GET successfully, however when I try to display the results with {{ query.data }} , it says that data is null. What gives?
Also how to make it so that one query gets an access token which is then used by another query which fetches the data and they're both triggered in order when tool is accessed?

What’s the name of your query (“query”?), and what is the result when you click on the “Preview” button of that query?

thanks Patrick. Turns out the query doesn’t actually successfully finish. For some reason through insomnia I get a reply but using the same auth0 token and headers it fails through try retool

how does one make the authorization bearer token refresh when it needs to ?

Good question, there is already a thread on this: How to auto-refresh access token after expiration?

And this one: How to Refresh JWT Token with Custom Auth

thanks.
I got the first query working which returns an HTTP 200 and some data of the form request, result etc. result is a JSON that I’d liek to display. The name of my query is callled “token” but doing {{ token.data }} still evaluates to null even though the query seems to finish successfully.

Are you trying to do an authorisation flow? If so, have you already tried doing this in the actual resource? There you can set up OAuth or custom auth flows as well…

I have tried doing in the resource via custom auth but I can’t figure out how to connect the response of the custom auth to change the authorization bearer token entered above.
It’s an Auth0 flow also, POST a JSON at some auth0 URL and then use that token for all subsequent queries and if the token fails, refresh the token using the previously defined flow. That’s really all I need. But I can’t make Retool do that.