Deprecated Input text component

Hi community!

When I generate fields from a database in a form, the text input fields are deprecated

But if i insert a input text component from "Components", the text input is not deprecated.

Is a bug?

Hi @ignacio!

That's odd behavior, what type of resource are you generating the fields from and what types do the fields have in your db?

Hi @Kabirdas

I created a form with "Generate fields from a database" option

Captura de pantalla de 2021-11-05 08-56-52

and the fields that it generates are deprecated (textInput and checkbox for example)

And there is no option to update them.

But if i put a text input from the Insert panel directly, no problem, the component is ok, no deprecated. The problem is only with "Generate fields from a database". I am in the version 2.78.12 and with local installation.

Thanks

Hi @ignacio

Sorry for such a late reply here :sweat:

This is actually an issue that appears to be fixed as of 2.79.15 so upgrading should solve this for you. Let me know if it doesn't!

Hi @Kabirdas and thanks for your reply!

Well, this solve half problem. Now, with this version "generated form from bbdd" is ok, no deprecated components.

But in the forms already generated can't upgrade the components and we can't start again generating all forms :frowning:

Thanks!!

Hey @ignacio — are you currently deployed on-premise or on Retools cloud offering? If on-premise, what version of Retool are you currently running? The version info can be found by clicking on the chat icon in the lower right corner of your screen. A menu should pop up which will show your Retool version number:

It looks like in more recent versions of Retool you are able to update these components that in the past were not upgradable. For example:

v2.74.16:

current cloud v2.82.15:

Both of these inputs were generated from the same deprecated form.\