Custom domains/URLs on Cloud Retool

Do the tools created on Retool sit on retool's domain? How do I make sure that my users access the tool on my company's domain?

6 Likes

At the moment custom URLs are only supported on on-prem deployments, and on-prem users would always access their accounts on that domain rather than retool.com.

I'm going to move this over to a feature request so cloud accounts can chime in!

4 Likes

I’d love to have this feature available, too. As a workaround, embedding an iframe or using Retool SDK would do.

3 Likes

I would also love the ability to have custom URLs.

Why? At our company, we value names that are easy to remember, trying to make it easier to onboard new people. Sadly, telling a coworker to go to NAME.retool.com is not the smoothest.

Thank you for all that you have built. We love Retool!

3 Likes

+1 to this. If we cannot do this, I would at least request the ability to change the public URL.

For example, the current public URL might read as .retool.com/embedded/public/44adk-321-das21-42d3-7dadsaki329

Would be great to be able to have the ability to change the URL to something like:

.retool.com/myapplication

3 Likes

+1 to this as well. Increasing the ability to brand Retool only makes this tool even more useful and further opens our doors to who our Retool end users can be.

+1. We’d like to be able to have it on our own domain without embedding.

Just a note: when running Retool on-prem you get both custom branding & custom urls out of the box – this is much cleaner than embedding.

1 Like

+1 from our team as well! We love retool and would love this feature so much. Right now I’m doing a subdomain redirect so that we can at least use the nice url as a link that people can get to.

2 Likes

+1

@kent I think there are many of us who would like a custom domain without having to move off the cloud product. There are a lot of great benefits to staying on Retool’s cloud (not having to setup and maintain infrastructure is a big plus), and I don’t think having a custom domain is a sensible reason to switch.

1 Like

Hello any updates to this? I was considering the tool, but domain aliasing or custom Domain might be a dealbreaker.
Thanks

1 Like

@shynes no updates quite yet, unfortunately :frowning:

any updates on this?? i love the tool but no possible for my client

any updates? we are trying to publish the app for copmany site . xxx.com/retoolapp

Any updates?

Any news on when this might become available?

+1, custom domain isn't a dealbreaker but would be a really nice option to have for sure.

1 Like

I can't understand why this is not a feature, most saas solutions come with this our of the box? I think this is a deal breaker for a lot of agencies.

I think your plans need a lot of work, you go on-premise you lose the business option, you go back to cloud to use business and you lose some required features from on-premise. The plans are not balance well in terms of features. Its very frustrating! Just when I think I have found a solution, the feature is no available to me.

You could go Enterprise, but there are a lot of smaller companies wanting you use this product and need some of the features of Enterprise and Business. Which in my opinion should not be reserved only for enterprise, they are features that any size org could need. Also reserving SSO for enterprise only is just wrong.

The SSO Wall of Shame!

Rant over. I guess i'll use an iframe :frowning:

Hi @cumminsj thanks for sharing, and you're in good company, as this request is clearly very popular :). I'll check in on the status of this feature request internally, and will follow up with anything I hear back.

1 Like

Hi @cumminsj just got word that there are plans to potentially white label some features in the first half of next year for cloud users, and something like this could potentially be one of them. The team's paying close attention to community feedback on this, so thank you again for sharing your thoughts here!

3 Likes