Chrome Error 5 with Tag (Dropdown) in table

We are using the self-hosted version of Retool and I can create a table, populate it, and add additional columns, but when I try changing one of the new columns to a Tag (Dropdown) type, Chrome immediately crashes with an Error 5.

Any advice?

Hey @Magenta_Jackie!

Could you try opening your browser console before making the change to see if any additional errors pop up there? I'm also curious about your table setup, how many rows does it have? And is it set to pagination or scroll?

Lastly, it might be helpful if you could share what version you're on as some additional context here, if you don't know it off the top of your head, you can find it in the bottom right of your app:

The table is about 18k rows and is set to pagination.

Ooh, in the console I can see
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not parse content for http://localhost:3000/styles/174657.app.ae576dfd82352fc68887.css.map: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0

Is there anything I can do about this unexpected token? I can open the app to edit, but it quickly crashes before I can do much editing.

I'm on version 2.93.10

Thanks sharing that context!

You might try using the _historyOffset parameter mentioned here in order to get your app back to a working version. Setting _historyOffset=3, for instance, let's you step back in time undoing your last three changes. You can slowly increase the number from 1 until you find a working version then make a small change to persist that version. Warning with this: using _historyOffset is different that reverting changes via the UI as once you persist a particular state all subsequent changes you made after that point in time will be permanently lost so be careful!

Diagnosing the exact issue looks as though it could be tricky. Would you mind writing in to us through your Retool instance? It might help if we can take a look at an export of your app, potentially with some sample data, to see if we can recreate the issue and potentially file any necessary bug reports.

The same problem is happening with me. Can you help resolving this?

I ended up basically deleting everything and starting from scratch with a new table, new query, and setting column types. It works now, but I'm not sure what I did to fix it. I wish I had something more helpful to offer.