Cannot be invited into another organization

Hi!

A day ago I've mistakenly created an account with my organization email thinking that I would log in to the organization retool account, a day after my organization invited me to the organization I was trying to access but they are unable to add me since I already created an organization. Is it possible to delete the current organization I've created and reset my user?

Hey @damianrodriguez!

No problem, I've gone ahead and archived your org so you should be good to go. Let me know if you hit any snags getting added to your new org.

If anyone else is running across this issue feel free to write into support chat anytime and we would be happy to help! :slight_smile:

[edited 01/10/23:]

Update! :slightly_smiling_face: :tada: You can now archive your own account (to help get you out of the wrong org).

You can navigate to Settings > Account > check the bottom of the page and click the "Archive account" button there.

If you run into any issues, we'll gladly help get things sorted!

Wow, thanks for the fast support!

Hi @Chris-Thompson , I am getting the same issue here, could you help to archive my current org as well. Many thanks.

No problem, I just archived your account as well so you should be good to go! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Chris-Thompson
Both of my accounts vguo-i@myhippo.com run into this issue. Could you help to fix it? Also, I wonder if I start building tool before my accounts restored, and then my accounts get restored, and then will my built app still exist for my new organization? Thanks!

Hey @Violet — no problem, happy to help here! So are you looking to archive your current account associated with the email vguo-i@myhippo.com?

"if I start building tool before my accounts restored, and then my accounts get restored, and then will my built app still exist for my new organization?"
> Just to clarify, do you have an app you would like to move over to your new org? If so, you can export your apps by clicking the 3 dots in the top right corner of the app > Export to JSON. Then, you can import this JSON file by clicking Create new (home page) > Import an app.

One thing to look out for, your resources will not be automatically copied over. Its easiest to create the resources with the same naming convention in your new org, that way when you import your apps the resources should automatically reconnect. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions! :)\

Yes! This account vguo-i@myhippo.com and also my other account vguo@hippo.com. These 2 are linked to both my company email (just different domain name but I use the same outlook to receive both) but just I need 2 accounts to be added to 2 hippo (my company) orgs for different apps. Please help me archive both.

Thanks!

Best,

Violet

You got it, I just archived the org associated with vguo-i@myhippo.com but could not find one associated with vguo@hippo.com. Is the latter potentially connected with an on-premise deployemnt? If so, we would not be able to archive this account from our end :sweat:

Hey, I have the same issue with email nika@hyperquery.ai. Please help archive this

Thanks in advance !

Hey @nshelia — no problem, I just archived your account so you should be good to go Hope this helps, let me know if you hit any other blockers! :slight_smile:

Update! :slightly_smiling_face: :tada: You can now archive your own account (to help get you out of the wrong org).

You can navigate to Settings > Account > check the bottom of the page and click the "Archive account" button there.

If you run into any issues, we'll gladly help get things sorted!

Hi today I I've created an personal account and now I am trying to log out and have access to my organization environment but I am not able to join. Can you help me please ?

Hi, I have archived my account, but members are still considered as "members of another organisation" and cannot log in.
Could you perhaps look into it? Thanks! :slight_smile:

If you're an admin and looking to archive an entire organization that's an option as well!

@Nenad_Bartonicek it looks from my end like you were able to get things resolved but if you're still having issues please let us know!