502 Bad Gateway on Workflows

Hello! I wanted to ask if anyone has experience / encountered the below error from a Loop code block:

Fr 06/14/2024 13:53:26	Error evaluating multi_createRequest_lambda: {"rawXml":"<html>\r\n<head><title>502 Bad Gateway</title></head>\r\n<body>\r\n<center><h1>502 Bad Gateway</h1></center>\r\n</body>\r\n</html>\r\n","parsedXml":{"html":{"head":[{"title":["502 Bad Gateway"]}],"body":[{"center":[{"h1":["502 Bad Gateway"]}]}]}}}

Basically it just says 502 Bad Gateway and I haven't encountered this before. multi_createRequest is a Loop code block that sends a request to an endpoint. For this, it was for 400 loops. Historically, the workflow has worked fine with 200 loops.

I'm also communicating with the owner of the endpoint but they said it initially doesn't seem to be an error on their end. Just also want to make sure it's not a Retool limitation that I'm not aware of. Thank you!

you might wanna take a look over here and ask for access to the beta. its for a new loop block that contains batch and parallel features which might help here.

otherwise have you tried using the 'Retry per iteration' to retry on an error? you could also try adding a global error handler and setting Finally on the loop to continue (instead of exiting the workflow immediately it'll continue on down any error path you have, like a global error handler)

i'll update this if i think of anything else. for reference, you can get 502 by sending too many requests (or with too much traffic)... it basically overwhelms the server and it gives up