Toggle to disable action buttons on custom column comparing strings

I think the title says it all. Using the reference shown I either enable or disable all action buttons. Please can you correct my code...

@patient_but_frustrated
You would want to use {{currentRow.rgy === 'RED'}} to disable the Bin button in the specific row

What a gent you are! I wanted the reds available for the 'bin', so I went with ! == instead but 10/10 for accuracy and response.

1 Like

Quick 'other' query:

I just upgraded to Team and invited 20 users. Once they accept the invite where can I find their user I'd?

{{current_user.id}}

What about the users that are on the system but not "currently"?

Go into your settings, top right your avatar, dropdown menu

Yep, I ca now see all users, but I want to know what the user.id is for each one of them...

I don't know where to get that information. Perhaps - post a Support topic in the forum...

Hmm, OK...

Hi @patient_but_frustrated

If you're using the Cloud hosted version of Retool, we don't expose this info :disappointed:

Self-hosted (on-prem) teams can query this info since they have access to the Retool instance's database. As is described in this Retool community post, you may consider adding your on-prem Retool instances backing database as a resource within your organization, then query the users table within your apps as needed.

That said, please kindly note that this solution should be implemented with significant caution in production environments; having the backing database available as a resource may pose issues if not carefully managed (data being inadvertently updated or deleted, the database being over-utilized, etc.). As such, if you choose this solution, here are a few considerations/recommendations:

• Add the database resource using a read-only database user credentials.
  • Ensure that your database has the necessary back-up and restore functionality.
  • Ensure that the database resource permissions are tightly scoped within your Retool organization.

I've added you to a feature request to create some mechanism for us to be able to programmatically query/access the users, even on our cloud platform :blush:

I'll post here when we ship this feature